Employee engagement is frequently misunderstood by those with the responsibility to create it, maintain it and improve it. It is not having a Christmas party and then having no contact with your employees for another year, and it is not about giving your employees anything they ask for.
Employee engagement is reciprocal with responsibility laying equally with the employee and the employer. Get it right and you will have a dynamic organisation with managers who understand their staff and their capabilities, who strive to improve skills and abilities through working closely with them. Your staff will be happy and will go the extra mile to make the business a success. They will have pride in their work, their company, their managers. And managers and employers will have pride in them and enjoy the increase in turnover, profit, employee retention, and quality that comes with it.
It sounds to good to be true, but it is not, and it is, once you start, quite simple. And rewarding for everyone involved.
This course will show you how to do it.
This course contains everything a manager or employer who wants to create an employee engagement programme requires, including assessments for your workforce to measure engagement, advice on what to do, how to do it, and what not to do, management styles and the importance of emotional intelligence. To inspire you and show you it can be done, we give you case studies of two companies, one old, one new, with different approaches, who have both made themselves a success because of high levels of employee engagement.
1. Overview of employee engagement – what is employee engagement and what are the benefits?
2. Exploring employee engagement – looking at employee engagement in more depth
3. Engagement challenges – what is stopping or disrupting your employee engagement and how to overcome this
4. Job design – how making small changes to job roles can make a big difference to engagement
5. Effective leadership – good leadership is essential to improve engagement, this module shows you what good management looks like and some ideas to improve if you want to
6. Barriers to engagement – what gets in the way, how to create a culture of engagement in your organisation and some ideas from two companies who have already done it.
Employee Emotional Scale Mapping
Compensation and benefits
Every purchase includes a free beta version of WorkV, the employee engagement app coming soon from Cellular Attitude.